Welcome to Young Masters Club
Are you ready with your career goals?
So, why am I asking you this question?
I know you must be thinking of it.
The answer is here-
We learn through our own mistakes – Right The best part is, everyone does mistake, but not everyone learns from their mistakes. We all know what’s wrong, we do, but then we just ignore it thinking “Chalta hai”…. That’s what we do right. But is it correct? I mean we can lie to others, but we cannot lie to yourself right. I know it’s boring to hear all these. But it’s not a waste of time. Let me, tell me why I am telling you all this.
We Owe our life firstly to our Parents:
Our parents do wish that my kid should be career oriented. They should do this, they should do that. Why – Because what all they have gone through they don’t want you to. What all struggle they had taken they don’t want you to take. And the dreams which they had dreamt but for some reason they cannot bring it to realistic they want you to. So why not to think being in their shoes. After they are the one who gave you this life. I am not asking you to blindly choose the career they are asking you for. You need to convince your parents if in case you opt for the stream they don’t want you to. How will convince them? By enlightening them the way I did it to you.
Here I am to enlighten your Mind’s Diya:
You must be thinking let me complete my tenth then will think about it. But that’s not the correct way. Just imagine you are in the examination hall & you are going through the question paper & what you find is – all the question’s which has come in exam is out of the box. It wasn’t even there in the syllabus. What will you do? You will be completely lost right? Don’t worry, it won’t happen, because everything is well structured in advance & goes through different stages. It takes a lot of planning & execution. It is not just done in a moment. The same way your career is. You should have a clear Mindset on, what are you going to choose once you are out of School life. Which stream, which specialization & where you want to reach with that specialization. Then only you can start taking actions from day 1 & will reach towards your Goal. We all plan when it comes to having chat with our friends, outing with our family & any other school activity So why do we take it so lightly when it comes to our careers. Let’s spend a day or 2, understand what we want to achieve & accordingly have a roadmap so that we can take small steps every day towards that goal.
General Mindset of ours
Let’s focus on it in this way… In today’s world everyone thinks bigger & bigger, but then they do not focus on its Market need. We do hear of Engineering, Doctors, Scientist & what not. And hence most of us to go in that queue just because we (Society) have created a hype of it. But do we take a minute & think about why not to expand your family business? Why am I going on a field in which I have no interest & just because my friends are doing it & I don’t want to lose my friend I will also select the same field. In-fact many of us do join the same stream out of jealousy. Just because someone else has joined it & why not me? Many times, it also happens that our parents make us chose a field just because someone from close relative or close cousin has joined it. And if nothing else we just give a simple thought process that the end of the day we have to join office & do the daily job of 9 to 5 then why to think so much. I am telling all this because almost 30% of the students become blank on which field to choose when they are done with their 10th. In such cases we need to be very careful on what step we are going to take. Every child is special & unique in their own way. It is not necessary that every youth has the same potential, interest & passion. Let’s color this world with your unique colors & creativity.
Work out on your Career Goal- Make a Mind Map
So, let’s do our planning: We need to pay hefty fees to do specialization. And what is mostly observed when you chose the stream blindly without any preparation you end up either wasting your important academic years & of course your money or else your full energy, interest & focus comes to an end because one wrong decision brings you all down. So whenever you get time give 2 minutes to yourself & do think what I am talking about does it really makes sense to you? If you get the answer as Yes then at that moment itself take a paper & a pen. And start from scratch on, what are you going to choose as your platform
Below are some of the points you should consider while doing it. Make 4 columns & give the heading for each column:
- Interest: Start writing about what all you are interested in whatever it is – let it be music, dance, talking, travel, socializing, creativity & what not. Which subject can keep you awake whole night & still you aren’t bored & want to learn more. Just go on writing it in this column.
- Skill: Be loyal to yourself here as I said you can lie to others but not to yourself. Pen down what all are skilled in. By skill I mean to say in what you are good or may be best at. Check your past performance reports, find out which subject you are strong in.
- Passion: Here you need to write what all makes you go crazy. For what you can give your quality time & keep on struggling unless to get it correct & satisfying.
- Your Dream: we all do dream of what we want to be. I am talking about the dream we wish to make the true & not day dreaming here. As I do understand in this age of yours the mind is not stable. Today you are thinking about 1 & tomorrow you will suddenly come up with something else. What is important here is to have a valid reason – why I am thinking to be this, what is the reason, where this particular field will take me to, how much it can make me earn, what are the drawback here, does the market have the demand for it. Be very careful when you look for the demand – don’t look for the immediate demand as you will take 5 to 10 years more to make that dream come true. That time in point it should have the demand in the market.
Once you are done with all the 4 columns you need to check what all are overlapping here. I mean it is very much for sure that what you are interested in, you are master in & you are passionate about it. Select those common things here & see in which stream does this fit & then you can choose your field accordingly. Now there is an answer to the question why I am supposed to think about it now at this stage where I should focus more on my 10th Studies. Hope now your mindset is clear what is your stream you are going to choose. So now lets say, you want to be a cardiologist which will obviously come in Science stream & to get the admission in Science & that too in a good college will ask you for 97% & above on the other hand the study pattern of yours is only up to the level which can get you 70% what will you do? If you are financially strong, then you might pay hefty fees & still try to get in the science stream. But not everyone is blessed with wealthy background right? So, the only left is hard work, Structured work & focused work. Here again you will make a daily schedule on how you can study in a well structured manner that you do achieve your target of 97% Do remember I am not pressuring you for more studies. I am asking you to go for structured one as per your career mindset which you will choose. The % can be less as well as per the stream you want to go for but then what still matters are structured way of learning. And don’t forget to give every day half an hour on writing along with a watch. If you are able to write 6 pages in 10 minutes today, tomorrow it should be 10 & it should increase gradually.
Why & which stream to Choose.
I will share few tips with you to plot your chosen stream as per the above steps. Just check the things you have chosen falls in which stream & go for it with an open mind & achieve your dream.
- Career in Science:
If you choose to become Doctors, technologist, scientist, engineers, Professor in the below mentioned subject is then going to this stream. You are going to pay hefty fees here & almost 8/10 years in this field to set your career. So be prepared, focussed & dedicated here. Main Subjects covered are: Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology Computer Science English
- Career in Commerce:
xpanding your family business & taking it to a next level is the best part you can do it from here, if you are planning to become Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Businessman, want to start your startup, Entrepreneur, go for Management, Economist, Stock Market, Actuarial Science, Financial Consultant, Finance Manager, Banking Sector, Foreign Trade Investor, Portfolio Manager, etc. All the above-mentioned portfolios are higher paid ones if you take it correctly. Main Subjects covered are: Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics Informatics Practices English
- Career in Arts:
Let me tell you, it is not so common or in the air, according to the state of mind, but then as it is very well said – The true value of a diamond is known only by the goldsmith. If you are creative & passionate enough to build your career in Arts trust me, you can be an architect of your own world & master in it. This stream gives you many happening career. If your passion is in Journalism, literature, communications, teaching, Interior designing, painting, archaeologist. Go for this stream Main Subjects covered are: Literature, History, Psychology, Political Science Economics Philosophy Sociology
So, focus on this, open up your mind & prepare yourself. Do share the same with your friends & relatives who are sailing the same boat. Still, if you have any doubt, do send me your questions & will definitely help you to come out of it. Your suggestions & feedback is most welcome. As you are the first “Young Masters” Member. I wish you all the very best for your gateway towards your career path. By gateway I mean your 10th Class which is very important as it is the foundation towards your success. Wish you & your family a very Happy New Year in advance.
- Digital Marketing: Yes, I do know it is not the stream which you need to choose after your 10th as a specialization, but then I have added this here to make you guys aware that how important Digital Marketing is. Be it a Business Tycoon, Manufacturing, Distribution, Enterprunership, Personal Brading, any vertical you talk about – digital marketing has a specific & never stopping role to play in. It gives lot many opportunities & the best part is Marketing is the only profession which is never gonna replace and if it comes to digital Marketing then nothing great then that. Digital Marketing itself is a broad concept, there are many sub concepts to it which gives immense opportunities like Affiliate Marketing, SEO (Search Engine optimization, personal Branding, Branding Services, Freelancing, Coach, content writing, copywriting,E-mail Marketing, Google adds, Facebook adds & so on.
“Be active, don’t procrastinate. Action will make you Hero whereas Procrastination will take you to Zero”